Sherwood Oasis (Old Model)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have an old model Sherwood Oasis that is missing the purge valve cover. My local shop says this part is not available. Does anyone have one of these (with the spring) or know where I can get one?

Have you tried contacting the factory? They usually aren't good about getting back to you directly but you could: 1.Have your LDS contact them and ask them or 2.Just package the thing up and send it to them and ask for a rebuild.
I know that they have come up with a piston for an ancient reg years after it went out of production and they once serviced a reg for a friend of mine who sent it directly to them.
It's also amazing what they can do for a LDS, if they are good customer.
The reg you are speaking of is not that uncommon. It was the same second stage, (purge button), used on many other models. I'm sure that there are alot of those lying around somewhere. (Heck, I'm still using some!)
Norm

shrwdtech may be able to help you out. Send him a PM.

I hope that you can find the parts. I have an old Magnum ('85) and an old Oasis ('86) that I still use. They have similar Sherwood Octopii on the reg. I would hate to think that I wouldn't be able to get them fixed if there was damage. They did replace the piston in the 1st stage last year when I had them serviced last year.

Unfortunately the Oasis II cover and purge assembly is no longer available.

For what ever reason when production was ended on that unit, and the spares were run that were supposed to last, they just didn't make it.

What you can do is take it to your LDS and have them change it with the Maximus II cover assembly that IS still available. I know it doesn't look the same, but it will keep you in the water with your reg for a few more years.

Bob

We have 3 " old " Oasis here BUT I need the model to tell me how old it is and , if possible the actual part number. Price ?? all depends where you are located .

Hi,

Just wondering if getting parts is a regular problem with Sherwood as I am thinking about getting the Sherwood package from LP (Avid CQR, Oasis Reg, and Maximus Oct)

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom