Sherwood Minimus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scaldwell

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this a good choice for an octopus? Looks a bit lightweight to me? The appeal seems to be that it is not very bulky for something you will rarely need, but at the end of the day that is not really the point- is it maybe wiser to buy something more substantial?

Thanks for any advice

Stephen

scaldwell:
Is this a good choice for an octopus? Looks a bit lightweight to me? The appeal seems to be that it is not very bulky for something you will rarely need, but at the end of the day that is not really the point- is it maybe wiser to buy something more substantial?

Thanks for any advice

Stephen

Very dificult to breath from.....not a good combo when you pass it to someone who is out of air....my suggestion...keep looking....the next step up sherwood octo is better if you stay with the sherwood line IMO.

I use it for teaching as it's so teeny. But like Zen said, not a good performer. You can breathe on it upside down, though.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It doesn't work very well at all. Breathes way to heavy..

scaldwell:

Thanks for any advice

Stephen

Yep, not a good performer was never designed to be, almost as bad as Oceanic's Slimline which is another hard breather. The up side is that it breathes upside down and it will never free flow on you. It seems as though it was detuned so as not to free flow. I hardly use mine (being an octo) but in an emergency it should be tolerable. I never had problems with it other than it being a hard breather. Hope this helps.

I have a minimus 'clone' , lightweight but really bad breather. Works though. Another weak point is that I need a screwdriver to disassemble . Today I would not buy it again.

scaldwell:
The appeal seems to be that it is not very bulky for something you will rarely need

But when you do need it, wouldn't you rather have something that works well. We used the minimus for a year, didn't even bother getting them serviced, just replaced them. They breathe hard and wet. For an extra 10 bucks you can get an alternate reg that works almost as good as your primary.

In fact, I heard Sherwood discontinued the minimus. So you may be looking at left over stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom