Sherwood: Maximus or Oasis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaymondCheung

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to buy a regulator for my wife and will choose between these two: Sherwood Maximus or Sherwood Oasis. Which one is preferred? What are their main differences? We will mainly use for recreational diving in warm water. Thanks.

If she can live without the adjustment on the second stage, and the underarm hose, get the Oasis. Both use the same first stage. She won't find much, if any, difference in breathing between the two. The Oasis is usually far less expensive.

I have the Maximus, like it a lot. The second stage adjustment may not matter, though I find it handy to adjust from warm to very cold water. I really like the under-arm hose -- personally a great deal more comfortable.
Whether these differences are worth the price delta is a matter of personal choice -- they definitely were for me.
If you can test dive the two regs, that might be good.

Although I don't use that reg, I think Mark is making an excellent point. If you dive warm water most of the time, the adjustment may or may not be useful.

It then becomes an issue of price.

Some people (let's not start a flame war here) will tell you the knob is an additional failure point, and that you should stay away from it.

Good luck with your decision, and keep us posted!

Alex

If she may ever dive in cold water get the Maximus or instead of the Oasis get the Blizzard.

The Blizzard is the Oasis with some anti-frost plating. You won't be giving anything up. The Maximus is also cold water ready and adds some creature comforts, hose routing and adjustment.

We (self and wife) have Blizzards and like them fine.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom