sherwood genesis hp 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i am wondering if it is possible to put a yoke valve on this tank even though it is being sold with a din valve?

I gather this is a 3500 PSI cylinder. It may well be the early PST HP series with the small neck. If that's the case the answer is usually no. I say usually because there are some freak valves out there that will do what you are looking for.

Depending who you are dealing with they may balk at dealing with the altered cylinder for VIP/Hydro or fill since 3500 and greater should be DIN.

Pete

If it is a Sherwood-labeled Genesis, or has 3500 stamped on it, then it is indeed the early PST 3500psi HP, with the 0.875 - 16 NFT (7/8”-16) valve threads. This is paradoxically smaller than the 3/4-14 NPSM used on most tanks, and was in fact used on these tanks to make impossible to do what you would like to do, put a yoke valve on it.

Ironically most of the manufacturers making HP tanks rerated them to 3442psi just so people could use yoke valves on them - what a difference 58 psi makes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom