Vindicator handwheels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only somebody would come up with a standard protocol where somebody could tell open or shut ... maybe like turning all the way clockwise would make it closed; turning it all the way counterclockwise would make it open. We could call it Lefty Lucy-Tidy Whities or something like that...

That way, I could tell while turning a knob if I was opening or closing a valve.

Or maybe a fatter, more-complicated system where turning it makes something turn green or red so I'd know.

(I do like the idea of just wrapping colored tape on the valve's handwheel stem for folks that can't grasp the Lefty Lucy-Tidy Whities thing or have to check the work of those that can't. (Checking others's work - that is the main case that can be made for the oversized knobs.))

If by some stroke of luck I buy a cylinder with the Fornicator(R) :wink: knobs (large LDS that sells a lot of bottles locally does this), I rely on the fact that DGX sells plain black knobs and replace the Fornicators poste-haste.

It's not as visible as the vindicator but there is a small amount of travel between closed and open. The thermo seems to have less of a difference though so it might be valve model dependent.

PXL_20240527_023635335.jpg

PXL_20240527_022358429.MP.jpg

Been away I'm slipping

You added pictures, giving away the whole game.

Dude let's take a look at the shower reference, realising how we twiddle those knobs without getting burnt

If only somebody would come up with a standard protocol where somebody could tell open or shut

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom