Sherwood AVID BC...Anyone?..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Sherwood Avid is a great BC. I 've used one for about 200 dives and have no complains. I find the ditchable weight pockets a little difficult to load when the BC is on but it has a very secure catch. The dump valves work really well and I also like the large pockets.

I just got the 05 Avid and its great, all the features I wanted. Sherwood is awesome, I just bought a Magnum reg from them as well, breathes so much easier than my old Dacor I used for certification. Scuba.com for great price and full mfg warranty

vlink12:
I have used my Sherwood Avid on about 15 dives, and I love it. I like the weight system, and the big pockets. I also purchased the Akona BC kit, with flashlight, knife, and retractors. It's pretty sweet.

Uh... do you realize that the last post in this thread before yours was 4 years ago?

:lol2:

Well.... since it's bumped up from the past anyway, I have an Avid but I've only been on one river dive with it. The plastic piece on the end of the shoulder dump valve cord came off in my hand when I tried to use it (Others have had this same problem). It's no big deal - I reassembled it with a little plastic bead on it so it can't come through again (unless my knot comes undone).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom