Sherwood Amphos Air and Genesis Resource Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RNININF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I posted on the manufacturer forum but wasn't able to find the right answer so figured I could also try this spot.

I have a Sherwood Amphos Air computer with the transmitter as well as a Genesis Resource Pro as my backup computer. I am trying to find the correct O-ring type for the Amphos computer and the transmitter battery compartments as well as the correct O-ring for the Resource Pro. I see plenty of overpriced "kits" for sale with a single battery and O-ring, but if I know the correct O-ring type I can buy a bag of a 100 or more for much cheaper. That along with a save-a-dive kit with silicone grease and buying batteries from Wal-mart will be much cheaper to have. These are all user-replaceable batteries, but it seems crazy to spend so much on a single O-ring "kit".

I appreciate any help, thanks

Perfectly good choice of computers, both run DSAT, sorry I can't help you with the O-rings. I have similar Oceanic computers, do not change the O-ring with every battery change, just make sure it is clean and defect free and re-lube it. Not knowing the correct O-rings, I occasionally buy a factory kit to replace the O-ring. I've not had any problems, knock on wood, VT3 is 9 years old, Geo2 is 8 years old.

transmitter is the same as for oceanic and aqualung, 016.

the amphos and resource pro may be 026 if they use 2450 batteries

The Amphos is like the Geo/Atom... , uses a 2430, same battery cover

The Resource Pro is a PPS puck, likely uses a 2450 and likely has the same battery cover

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom