Sheriff's Dive Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kangy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for contact information for the shop or instructors involved in the training for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Dive Team.

Thanks,

I believe the Sheriff's Dive Posse does their own training. The web site for the Sheriff's Office does not ahve the phone number, but you may be able to try at: (602) 876-1801

I'll give the number a shot but what I was looking for was the SB username, email, etc for one of the instructors for the posse

Call Amy Lignoski at Oasis Divers - 602.992.3093 or amyuw101@yahoo.com
She can help you.

Here is a name and number you can try. DAVE RYON at [EMAIL="RecoveryDiver@cox.net"]RecoveryDiver@cox.net[/EMAIL]. He is their commander. They hold meetings , I think, the first or second Tuesday of the month. I have their requirements someplace but i can't find it right now. If memory serves:
500 yard swim in 25 minutes or less. No gear, just you, your swimming suit and goggles.
100 logged dives
Rescue certified

I think there are more requirements that I don't remember off hand. I'm sure somebody on the Board can fill in the blanks.

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for contact information for the shop or instructors involved in the training for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Dive Team.

Thanks,

I wanted to post that I wasn't sure which bar they are training in now, but Karen wouldn't let me, so I won't.

I wanted to post that I wasn't sure which bar they are training in now, but Karen wouldn't let me, so I won't.

Karen is such a wet blanket. You need to get that girl narced.

Thanks,
Are you looking for info regarding the MCSO Dive Posse or the sworn MCSO Lake Patrol Dive Team?

I see that Charles R already posted Dave Ryon's email address (posse) - if you need contact info for the sworn team, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom