Sheridan Dive-9/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokerswild

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning on taking monday off of work with a few buddies and go diving offshore. The Sheridan is the main point of interest, with the possibility of another wreck dive too. I have never been out there but I do have a GPS and electronics. Anyone out there interested in following us out there? I would feel alot more comfortable if another boater was out there with us. Let me know. Thanks

Nick:14:

BTW-
Boat= 24' Walkaround w/225 o/b

Just incase you don't already know.

If you're numbers are even close you'll know your there when you see the really HUGE ball floating on the surface at the site. You can tie off directly to the ball if someone isn't there already. drop down the chain attached to the ball and take a course heading of 165 degrees for no more than 50-75 feet. You'll swim right into the bow of the Sheridan. Vis latley sucks at around 20-25 feet, but you can still see pretty good.

All the following depends on how good a captain you are, but IMO a 24 foot boat is more than enough. I've had my 21' dual console out there with 5 divers onboard in 2 foot seas. The only thing I worry about this time of year is thunder storms rolling in. You will most likely not be alone out there as the site is popular, and you're well within VHF range of shore (this assumes you have a quality VHF radio) if for some reason you do have the place all to you're self.

I just edited my Sheridan pics from the last trip out there. In a day or so check out my website for the pics of the site, and you'll get an idea of the vis you're in for.

Have fun.

Dave.

Ok thanks for the info Narc~ I do have good electronics so I should be good to go. Although I never dove the S, I am familiar with the mooring buoy's and will recognize it fairly quickly. thanks again for the info, and i will report back after the trip.

Sent ya a PM but not sure if their working (saw something on the board to the effect) but if you have room, or another boat is going out with you I would love to join you. Costs would be included of course!! :D I just want to get some bottom time while I'm down here especially on the Sheridan. :D

-rhyz

Just got back from a couple dives on turtlehead reef and Airplane Barge vis was about 15-25'. Surface viz is low but clears up alot at the bottom. But being a Jersey diver I'm used to vis like that. :)

Conditions are great right now. Went out to Tarpon reef and then checked out a spot on the way in that is excellent. Lots of jellys and no red tide kills on the bottom but some floaters on the way out. Should be good at the Sheridan.

Ok last call--- We're leaving out of Seminole Boat Ramp at ~8am. I've got a century w/a with 4 divers onboard. Hope the dive is good. I will post a report when we get back.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom