Shell Suit Squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a former user of a neoprene suit and a current user of a tri-laminate suit.....in my experience the tri-lam suit is far more streamlined and the amount of weight required is much less. I went from requiring 38lbs in my Seasoft drysuit to 18lbs in my DUI, and plus im warmer now.

The fact that you didnt have any undergarments on is surely the issue. I dont start to add air in my drysuit to atleast 15 feet..even then im not uncomfortable its just anticipating the squeeze coming up. also, the undergarment you select will also affect how the squeeze feels.

Everyone has different experiences...DA and I have always disagreed about Neoprene suits...my experiences were just not positive with neoprene, but my tri-lam have been, so of course i favor tri-lam.

J

Okay, thanks for all the advice. I'll see if I can try it out with some undergarments on. Then i'll repost. Besides the squeeze I found that I liked the trilam better. In my neoprene suit I felt like the little brother from a christmas story. If I fell on my back it would surely have been the end of me. Hehe.

Interesting reading this post. I went from a Whites trilam to a DUI FLX 50/50 (half trilam/half crushed neoprene.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

My DS is now like snuggly cuddly teddy bear (gushy musak here)

Have you taken into account the quality of the suit that is causing your discomfort?

Tmccar1:
Okay, thanks for all the advice. I'll see if I can try it out with some undergarments on. Then i'll repost. Besides the squeeze I found that I liked the trilam better. In my neoprene suit I felt like the little brother from a christmas story. If I fell on my back it would surely have been the end of me. Hehe.

Something else to watch is your position in the water. If you're vertical, there's no way to get rid of the squeeze in your legs (you would need to inflate the whole suit to do this).

If you stay horizontal, you can have an almost "squeeze free" dive without adding very much air. You really only need enough air to let your underwear loft up a little.

Terry

Archangel:
Interesting reading this post. I went from a Whites trilam to a DUI FLX 50/50 (half trilam/half crushed neoprene.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

My DS is now like snuggly cuddly teddy bear (gushy musak here)

Have you taken into account the quality of the suit that is causing your discomfort?

Yes, I have thought about the suit being the cause. It's an older suit that's just an in between thing till I get the funds for a new DUI suit.

Back
Top Bottom