Shelf Life Of Air ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naturewalker36

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I Have Always Wondered??? For Example 'AL 80' Fill To 3000 Psi . How Long Is The Air In The Tank Good For . Lets Say You Havent Dove In 3 Months .would The Air Go "bad" ??????? I Have Always Use Mine Up With In A Weeks Time .

As long as there is no corrosion in the tank,it stay's good forever.
Well atleast for many years,recently used one of my older tanks,hadn't been used for 5 years and the air was still fine.One problem though,now the tank needs a new hydro,being used only once.:D

Last edited:
As long as there is no corrosion in the tank,it stay's good forever.
Well atleast for many years,recently used one of my older tanks,hadn't been used for 5 years and the air was still fine.One problem though,now the tank needs a new hydro,being used only once.:D

I agree. Nothing in air spontaneously decays, and there is not much that can occur in the way a chemical reaction with stuff on the inside of the tank. My guess is that it would be good for a long, long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom