Shearwater Teric and Transmitter Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plug mine directly into first stage. The fewest connection joints possible. I leave the transmitter on reg , and carry it with me when traveling. I have 2 HP ports on my regs so backup spg is not an issue. On my rec reg I have a button gauge backup. For doubles I use a regular SPG bolt snapped to D ring. For rec dives I wouldn't have a problem going without a backup spg.

Unless you hold hands with your wife when you dive, you probably won't be able to receive her xmitter signal.

You can read a second transmitter if close enough and set up for it, just ask her to show you her computer, you’ll be that close anyway.
I don’t like the hose idea, tried it but it just gets banged around more.

Ugh, thanks for the warning (haven't been on a boat with this setup yet).

So is 6" typical, or something longer to bungee down / keep from knocking about?.

Yeah I depends on where you dive but, if you travel alot then you a bond to have it happen. If you just dive with the same group all the time and have a system then its probably not an issue as you know the people and procedures ect. But there are places where they like to help you and move your gear etc for you and this is usually where the accident happens.

I think 6" is pretty standard. No bungee required it just kind of hangs out off to the side of you reg. Never had a problem with it knocking around.

Hi @mcohen1021

My transmitter has been directly attached to my 1st stage for 10 1/2 years, 1529 dives, 1612 hours AI transmitter damage when directly connected to 1st stage and Attaching AI transmitter to the 1st stage
2. I don't
3. I travel with my regulator set in my carry on, transmitter attached
4. I dive with an SPG on my left HP port and my transmitter on the right. They do make HP port splitters. I have used my SPG on 11/1529 dives, 0.7%. Six of these episodes were entirely my fault, 2 computer battery, 2 transmitter battery, 2 transmitter not installed on reg set used. Five of these were a transmitter failure.
5. I would never think to do that, range is limited

Why that Cressi Regulator? What is your current regulator?

Main reason why everyone mounts it on a short 6" HP hose is because everyone else especially boat crew think the transmitter is a handle and they really like to pick up the full weight of the tank+your gear with it. I'm sure if you do a quick search you can find hundred of pics of bent transmitters.
Pretty much disagree with this 100%.

Pretty much disagree with this 100%.

I have what I think is called a yoke style 1st stage and it seems it could turn some when attached to the tank and stress on the transmitter as well.

5. I would never think to do that, range is limited

Why that Cressi Regulator?

Yeah I thought range would be limited too at least underwater... On land, it seemed to read my tank clear across tyhe other side of the house.

Why the Cressi. Price point, 1st stage design (yoke), similar to the demand reg I use now. For my purpose, it would be more than good, probably an upgrade. I don't work classes anymore, just dive on vacations 2-3x a yr.

I have what I think is called a yoke style 1st stage and it seems it could turn some when attached to the tank and stress on the transmitter as well.
Not sure I understand; could you explain further or differently?

When the 6" piece of hose is pressurized, it's super rigid. It doesn't "droop".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom