Shearwater Petrel Import Issue Diving Log 5.0 - The Surface Interval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serpentara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I also posted this on Diving Log's message board but have not yet gotten a response. I may also post in general computers.

The Shearwater Petrel has the ability to wait a given amount of time on the surface before ending the dive so that short surface intervals do not lead to multiple dives. You can set the delay between a few second to 10 minutes. Other computers also do this, such as the ATOM 3.1.

When I import the dive log from the Petrel into Diving Log 5.0, the 10 minute delay appears as part of my graph at the end of my dive. What is odd is that the overall dive time number appears to be correct, and is different than the total amount displayed on the graph (because the first 10 min of the surface interval is displayed) My Atom did not have this problem. The first 10 min of the surface interval was not displayed.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't want a large horizontal line at the end of each of my dives. It seems like you could just cut off the end of the graph based on the total dive time value.

Attached are images of the dive log from Diving Log 5.0 and from Shearwater Desktop.

Thanks

Attachments

• Petrel Desktop Log.jpg
    Petrel Desktop Log.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Diving Log Petrel Dive.jpg
    Diving Log Petrel Dive.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 84

Back
Top Bottom