Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I right in thinking that there's no way of knowing the battery level of the transmitter until it's connected to a tank?

Am I right in thinking that there's no way of knowing the battery level of the transmitter until it's connected to a tank?
And even then there is nothing that tells you the transmitter's battery status until it tells you to replace it. See manual "PerdixAI_Operating_Instructions_RevA" Section 8.1. Warning and error displays on page 18.

Cheers -

Last edited:
Just replace it after a year or 150 hours. If you use fresh batteries you should never see the warning.

I noticed a considerable difference last year between the life of the battery in the transmitter and the life of the AA in the unit. Then I realized that I had used my regs a lot more than I had used my computer since a large number of dives had been pool training dives. Thus my transmitter was always on since there was pressure being put to it. I don't use that set of regs as often for pool sessions any longer.

I've tried searching the board but have not read through 72 pages of this thread...I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this.

I'm thinking of getting a Perdix but am still interested in keeping a backup computer. I don't have the funds to get a second Perdix or Petrel but my thinking was a less expensive dive computer that was either the same algorithm or more liberal than the Perdix. (It would be silly to have a more liberal primary and a conservative backup for fear of being locked out or upsetting my backup which would defeat the purpose of a backup.) Do you have any suggestions? I'm not familiar with the different algorithms in as much detail as I know the rest of you gear junkies are.

I did find this which is super helpful but I don't know enough to decipher or know which is more liberal and conservative outside of Suunto's RGBM. Dive Computer Algorithms I've tried Googling some comparison charts or graphs. Is Oceanic a good option? What do you suggest?

Thanks SO much!

Last edited:
I've tried searching the board but have not read through 72 pages of this thread...I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this.

I'm thinking of getting a Perdix but am still interested in keeping a backup computer. I don't have the funds to get a second Perdix or Petrel but my thinking was a less expensive dive computer that was either the same algorithm or more liberal than the Perdix. (It would be silly to have a more liberal primary and a conservative backup for fear of being locked out or upsetting my backup which would defeat the purpose of a backup.) Do you have any suggestions? I'm not familiar with the different algorithms in as much detail as I know the rest of you gear junkies are.

I did find this which is super helpful but I don't know enough to decipher or know which is more liberal and conservative outside of Suunto's RGBM. Dive Computer Algorithms I've tried Googling some comparison charts or graphs. Is Oceanic a good option? What do you suggest?

Thanks SO much!
Try this thead-
Algorithm question (Perdix AI vs DSAT)

Back
Top Bottom