• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Shearwater Perdix AI computer wrist mounting?

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches & Analyzers' started by gqllc007, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Ben_3

Ben_3 Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I tried both the clip straps and surgical tubes it came with. I liked the clip straps best.

2. Wibble

Wibble Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Surgical tubes will break far more easily than bungee as it’s a single piece of "rubber"; once it’s compromised, it tears.

Bungee is made of many strands of rubber, encased in nylon mesh and is far more break resistant.

3. gqllc007

gqllc007 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I have another question...watched the YouTube video from Shearwater...what is a "Sath" Lithium battery? Can I just use a regular energizer lithium battery?

4. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Yes. Use the Ultimate ones.

5. gqllc007

Thanks I just read up on the FAQ page of shearwater

6. Wibble

Wibble Contributor

SAFT batteries are much longer lasting and are 3 Volts compared with a standard AA, 1.5V batteries. They’re the same size as AA but 10 times more expensive and are 'hard' to source. AA batteries are available everywhere.

Shearwaters work well with either. A standard AA battery lasts ages, weeks of diving. A SAFT lasts longer. It’s not like those silly rechargeable computers that last for a handful of dives.

The Perdix has an accurate battery gauge which is visible in surface mode. This changes colour when low (yellow then red). If you scroll through the secondary info (RH button) there’s a voltage field, so you can monitor that.

gqllc007 likes this.
  7. CT Sean

CT Sean Contributor

Here's mine - though I admit it's not AI

Two 3/16 bungee loops that are technically adjustable -though the knots are quite tight, plus a safety loop. the surgical tubing it came with didn't seem to hold a knot and I tried, but hated, the knot suggestion in the manual.

50929129138_ba7a3ea07c_b.jpg

8. JimBlay

JimBlay Divin' Papaw ScubaBoard Supporter

Of course. Various type of AA size batteries can be used. I too like many others use the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries.

Don't EVER use Duracell Alkaline AAs. They have a tendency to leak and will require an expensive repair if that happens. I don't use Duracell Alkaline AAs in ANYTHING.

-JD- and gqllc007 like this.
  9. gqllc007

I just bought some Energizer Ultimate's!

MikadoWu and JimBlay like this.
  10. MikadoWu

MikadoWu Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    This is how I ran my Bungie. The 2 knots at the top, easily allow me to adjust while wearing 5mm gloves, on a 7mm wetsuit when I hit depth of 150', or if I am diving no suit. Middle Knot gives you a backup incase it breaks on one side. I found this best for me, as I do not have to look at the device to make the adjustments, or if I am in low visibility. Just reach across and snug up.

I am pretty sure this is 1/4" Marine Grade Shock Cord, though it is possible it is 3/8".

Perdix.jpg

gqllc007 likes this.