Shearwater Perdix AI computer wrist mounting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried both the clip straps and surgical tubes it came with. I liked the clip straps best.

Surgical tubes will break far more easily than bungee as it’s a single piece of "rubber"; once it’s compromised, it tears.

Bungee is made of many strands of rubber, encased in nylon mesh and is far more break resistant.

I have another question...watched the YouTube video from Shearwater...what is a "Sath" Lithium battery? Can I just use a regular energizer lithium battery?

I have another question...watched the YouTube video from Shearwater...what is a "Sath" Lithium battery? Can I just use a regular energizer lithium battery?

Yes. Use the Ultimate ones.

SAFT batteries are much longer lasting and are 3 Volts compared with a standard AA, 1.5V batteries. They’re the same size as AA but 10 times more expensive and are 'hard' to source. AA batteries are available everywhere.

Shearwaters work well with either. A standard AA battery lasts ages, weeks of diving. A SAFT lasts longer. It’s not like those silly rechargeable computers that last for a handful of dives.

The Perdix has an accurate battery gauge which is visible in surface mode. This changes colour when low (yellow then red). If you scroll through the secondary info (RH button) there’s a voltage field, so you can monitor that.

Here's mine - though I admit it's not AI

Two 3/16 bungee loops that are technically adjustable -though the knots are quite tight, plus a safety loop. the surgical tubing it came with didn't seem to hold a knot and I tried, but hated, the knot suggestion in the manual.

50929129138_ba7a3ea07c_b.jpg

Can I just use a regular energizer lithium battery?

Of course. Various type of AA size batteries can be used. I too like many others use the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries.

Don't EVER use Duracell Alkaline AAs. They have a tendency to leak and will require an expensive repair if that happens. I don't use Duracell Alkaline AAs in ANYTHING.

So I just got my new to me Perdix computer. What wrist straps do you guys prefer? Bungee or Elastic? The Shearwater Peregrine has an easy watch style strap. With the Perdix I don't seem to find the elastic straps all that easy to use....so any recommendations? Thanks!

This is how I ran my Bungie. The 2 knots at the top, easily allow me to adjust while wearing 5mm gloves, on a 7mm wetsuit when I hit depth of 150', or if I am diving no suit. Middle Knot gives you a backup incase it breaks on one side. I found this best for me, as I do not have to look at the device to make the adjustments, or if I am in low visibility. Just reach across and snug up.

I am pretty sure this is 1/4" Marine Grade Shock Cord, though it is possible it is 3/8".

Perdix.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom