Shearwater Perdix AI computer wrist mounting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually like the elastic straps it comes with. I used them on my 2 Petrels and on the Perdix. They work well for me. The Peregrine strap I hated. I put bungees on it instead.

I initially used the surgical tubing that comes supplied and that worked well for wetsuit season, but when I started using it on both drysuit and wetsuit, the clip straps were the only option.

Now I prefer the clip straps and would not go back to the surgical tubing.

First of all, the tubing has a bit of a lifespan in salt water and you'll really have to get it right for an unchanging thickness of exposure protection. More importantly, with the clips, I can just attach the Perdix to a D ring on my harness when dressing/undressing on a boat where I can't keep the comp on or want to leave it loose on a bench. It's done up and tightened in a second and it's dry along with my other gear.

I also use two Perdix clip straps to retain the hose on my pony bottle also. They are good.

The elastic straps it comes with.. I've got those on a Petrel CCR controller and find them really fiddly to clip up. They seem to have a mind of their own and twist out of your way.

They are useful for clipping off the Petrel onto the rebreather. Of course a double-ender would work too.

But if that's the worst thing I ever have to worry about...

I initially used the surgical tubing that comes supplied and that worked well for wetsuit season, but when I started using it on both drysuit and wetsuit, the clip straps were the only option.

Now I prefer the clip straps and would not go back to the surgical tubing.
<snip>
Same here... switching between wet- and dry-suits was a pain with the bungees, so I went back to the straps with the clips. They're not too hard to fasten one-handed once you get used to it. I didn't like the thin black surgical tubing that came with the Perdix, so I went with 1/8" orange bungee cord.

Bungee, with some extra for adjustability. Didn't like the included surgical tubing, felt it was slippery and didn't hold knots well. I keep the computer on the back of my hand for easy visibility.

IMG_1044.jpg

I had bungees on my perdix, but taking it on and off was messing up my wrist seal. I switched to the elastic click straps. Much better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom