Shearwater and the Poseidon Solid State Sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silently waiting as well. One for some time in mass in the market to prove them out. Another for a system that they will work with. I had not looked into it before but now that it has made it to my attention, cost. I do expect it to cost more than a galvanic cell, 2-3x more is reasonable. +10x the cost, not so interested.

Silently waiting as well... With a healthy dose of scepticism the current SSS will be the brand/model which becomes broadly adopted.

Cameron

Do you mean you're skeptical that the Poseidon-branded SSS are going to become standard? One thing to mention is that Poseidon didn't develop the cells.

My understanding is that Poseidon purchased the exclusive rights to make dive-related uses for the tech from the original developers.

I think the fact that you're stuck with a Poseidon computer if you want to use a solid state sensor has significantly hampered adoption of SSS. I think shearwater will eventually get the message. They've stepped up with other features in the past as they saw the desire in their customers.

I think the fact that you're stuck with a Poseidon computer if you want to use a solid state sensor has significantly hampered adoption of SSS.

I agree. And I think the point of this thread was that Shearwater hadn't seen that as being the case, and JohnnyC is asking the community to confirm that there'd be more interest if it were Shearwater-compatible.

How long is the agreement between Poseidon and the inventor/manufacturer of these solid state cells?
Maybe after that stranglehold is removed an open adaption will occur.

I agree. And I think the point of this thread was that Shearwater hadn't seen that as being the case, and JohnnyC is asking the community to confirm that there'd be more interest if it were Shearwater-compatible.
Well in case my post was misunderstood. I'd also like to see shearwater add support for the solid state sensors.

Put me in the camp of really wanting this integration. I really like my Perdix AI(s) and would love to see this expansion.

I would switch to solid state sensors if they seamlessly integrate to existing Shearwater electronics and my rebreather (JJ). @Shearwater are you listening? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom