She purrs like a kitten, question about my condensate collection bucket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Works like a charm the only issue I'm having is when the auto drain lifts it lifts the lid off a portion or blows it off.

The bucket has three 1/2 inch vents and one 1 inch vent. Each vent has cut up greenie scrub pads in it to catch condensate.

Do I need a bigger bucket, more vents or both.

The compressor is a alkin mariner 3.8 cubic feet a minute.

16482287013385847709891435273736.jpg

Throttle down the drains. Sounds like the volume of air is too great for the bucket. if you can throttle the drains so the volume of air is slower, it won't blow the lid off. This might mean running the purge for a few seconds longer, you will still get same total amount of drain, but take a longer time to make it happen.

It's a auto drain, I have no control of flow

Works like a charm the only issue I'm having is when the auto drain lifts it lifts the lid off a portion or blows it off.

The bucket has three 1/2 inch vents and one 1 inch vent. Each vent has cut up greenie scrub pads in it to catch condensate.

Do I need a bigger bucket, more vents or both.

The compressor is a alkin mariner 3.8 cubic feet a minute.

View attachment 714258

I'm sorry I have nothing to add, but I have the same filter tower.. you like it? So far I like mine.. seems to work like a filter should I guess. I haven't had to change it yet, it's nice that it's big enough to last a while.

Edit: Can't you make the vent out of the bucket larger? I would think 1 - 2" vent would be way better than multiple 1/2" vents

Put a ball valve on the low pressure drains, needle valve on the high pressure drains. That will give you control.

Any reason why you would do that over a larger vent in the top of the bucket?

Considered and rejected the vent out thing.

To keep the mist from blowing out of the bucket. It is also quieter. The difference being opening a faucet a little or a lot. A lot, at high pressure, you get splatter back at you.

I would "think" a larger vent would be fairly quiet. My compressor is bigger, and I don't get a lot of splash (given I just dump it on the floor)

Edit: @formernuke how long are the valves open?

Can you vent it outside a loose the bucket?

I like this idea better than anything we had, lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom