Sharm trip report - a very long one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:wink: yes, I know the Canyon, it is something most divers with something like a deep speciality should be able to do; cruising along the top just inside. The bottom of the trough is deep most of the length 55m - 65m, you enter at 40m and I suppose the third arch, a large bowling ball shaped boulder the size of a country cottage resting on the sides of the narrow canyon walls is about 75m, you would hit it after being deeper than 50m for about 8 to 10 mins and it would through you into about 20mins + of deco, on a fairly liberal dive computer, not for the faint of heart. Being that deep on air can result in mishap and most of the divers in the area keep diving the canyon fairly low key so they don't get hacks nagging to come out with a case of DCI.

It sounds like you really had a great time in Sharm, do you ever get to Dahab. ? :eyebrow:

Winton:
:wink: the third arch, a large bowling ball shaped boulder the size of a country cottage resting on the sides of the narrow canyon walls is about 75m
In fact the Canyon after the third arch goes down to 90 - 120 meters and to be honest I know one local diver that did it on air, but 20 years ago.

Winton:
It sounds like you really had a great time in Sharm, do you ever get to Dahab. ?
Yes I do - but mostly it's one or two days trip. Similar when I'm in Hurghada then I go to Safaga or Mars Saalam for one or two days. But not always.
I go there very often and most of times I'm based in Sharm - mostly because I have my very good friends there.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom