Sharksteeth jewelry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlawler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Finally decided to do something with some of the sharks teeth that I had piling up. This is my first attempt at making a necklace. Overall length is 26", so I think I'm going to shorten it some. Just wanted to see what some of you guys think.

Awesome!! It lookes professional!!!Perfect!!!!

Dude! Sweet! .... Dude! Sweet! .... Dude! Sweet!

Seriously, that is a very nice job. I am jealous that you have enough "jewelry-size / quality" toofs that you can resort to making jewerly out of them.

Now excuse me while I go back to my schemes and plans for getting Momma to let me go back down there to search for some more toofs!!!

Oooooh, very nice!!

I'm jealous. I have teeth but can't do that with em. & I'm a GIRL!!!
Soooo, Diversolo, who went to the bead shop for you?:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Finally decided to do something with some of the sharks teeth that I had piling up. This is my first attempt at making a necklace. Overall length is 26", so I think I'm going to shorten it some. Just wanted to see what some of you guys think.

Hey, that looks great. Good job. A couple of years ago I had a local jeweler make my daughter a shark tooth necklace. It was expensive, but the kid loves her necklace from Dad. :palmtree: Bob

Awesome!! It lookes professional!!!Perfect!!!!

Dude! Sweet! .... Dude! Sweet! .... Dude! Sweet!

Seriously, that is a very nice job. I am jealous that you have enough "jewelry-size / quality" toofs that you can resort to making jewerly out of them.

Now excuse my while I go back to my schemes and plans for getting Momma to let me go back down there to search for some more toofs!!!

Oooooh, very nice!!

Too funny about the beads :rofl:

Seriously though - very nice necklace :D

Thanks for all the great input!

Sweetie, can you do bracelets? :)

Dig it dude! Keep having fun making things :)

Bracelets would be easy. In face I have a smaller tooth that has similar tan/brownish coloring that I was thinking of making into a matching bracelet.

icon14.gif
Very nice for a man

LOL...yes, my artistic feminine side showing through.

I'm jealous. I have teeth but can't do that with em. & I'm a GIRL!!!
Soooo, Diversolo, who went to the bead shop for you?:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

My teenage daughter had been bugging me to take her to the bead shop for quite awhile, and I finally agreed. I couldn't believe the awesome variety of beads they had there. I mean they must have just about every bead ever made. I started thinking about different beads that would complement sharksteeth and later brought a few in. The ladies running the shop were oohhing and ahhhing over my collection and were most helpful in helping me choose some that looked good. They also have the wire to mount them in every color and gauge, clasps to fasten them and several types of material to string them together with. Mounting the teeth and putting a necklace together is really pretty easy. I looked at some for sale on the internet and got a few ideas of what would look good.

Hey, that looks great. Good job. A couple of years ago I had a local jeweler make my daughter a shark tooth necklace. It was expensive, but the kid loves her necklace from Dad. :palmtree: Bob

Total cost in materials was $27, and I used about half of what I bought. Then of course the time spent looking for teeth. That tooth was my showcase tooth. It was a perfect size and had really unique coloring that made it just right for a necklace. I have hundreds more that will make nice necklaces and my idea is to get my daughter involved in putting them together and selling them, probably on ebay, because she wants to save up money to get a car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom