Sharkskin rear zip vs front zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am 62 yr old.
Prefer and have been using a very old (12 yr+)Body Gove with front zip. Caught and ripped on a Zodiak
is there a difference in the rear or front zip Sharkskin suits? In the pictures the necks seem different. Does the front zip go up all the way to the neck? Sold as dry suit undergarment but could it be used as warm water suit?
i would like a front zip because at 62 your shoulders, neck and back not the same and zipping up that rear zip sometimes a problem without help

anyone have one of these?
thanks for your opinions

I don't have the full suit but I have the chillproof pants and a separate chillproof top with the front zipper. Absolutely love it! Easier to get on and off than a full suit and I can take the top off between dives vs folding down the top of a full suit.

I have a full suit Sharkskin with the zipper at the back. I don't think they had them with the zipper in the front when I got mine. I use it as additional insulation under my wetsuit or by itself when training in the pool in +-28C water where it is to hot for me sometimes .

To reduce bulk in the zipper area I was advised to use it with a wetsuit with a front zip. Maybe they sell Sharkskins with front zips to match them with wetsuits with back zips?

I have a 7mm wetsuit and I find the wetsuit with back zips easier to get in and out. With the front zip my suit tends to stick on my shoulders and arms when getting out and it is difficult to pull it off with your other hand from behind your back, I sometimes need help getting it of. I don't think you will have that problem with the Sharkskin because it is much thinner and more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom