Sharkskin chillproof under membrane drysuit in 19C water - what can I expect?

Will I be okay in 20C water with a Sharkskin chillproof layer under a membrane drysuit?

• Should be okay

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • You will freeze

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • You will boil

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven‘t done Sharkskin as an undergarment (as mentioned, its non-wicking might be uncomfortable, although at 20C you will probably be ok). But for the sake of comparison, I have done the Azores a couple of times in 4th Element Xerotherm/membrane drysuit at 18/19C surface, down to 13C at 35m for an average of 60 mins and was fine. I‘ve also done lakes at 8C - doable for 45-60 mins, but definitely cool after 30mins or so, added a baselayer of ski underwear and felt much better. In your place, I‘d experiment a little.

I've been toying with using my Sharksin as my drysuit undergarment in 12-15c water. I have the Titanium top and bottom (not T2). I some cheap Amazon thermals under it and haven't had any issues on 1+ hour long dives.

Back
Top Bottom