Sharks vs bears Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
I am discussing a trip to Key Largo. The trip is for two coulples, guys dive women do not dive but like to snorkel.

Several of our past trips to other locations had shark attacks either while we were in the area or immediately after we left. One of the ladies wants to find out about shark attacks in the Key Largo Area. My comment was that there are more bear attacks up here (Wyoming) than there probably are shark attacks in Key Largo. My uneducated statement although probably correct was not viewed as valid. I would appreciate any feed back on the subject. I would also like any information on Key Largo for non diver activites.

Please provide good and bad dive ops.

Thanks

Here's a link for shark attacks: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Sharks/ISAF/ISAF.htm

Outside of diving and fishing, Key Largo is not a hotspot of activity. Folks who live here like its quiet nature. As do tourists who treat sleep as a SI. Those who find shopping a recreational pursuit won't find entertainment. Ditto for those who are into clubbing. Or those who want to spend endless hours on a nice beach. If you need a quick fix, there are establishments to get you by, but to be truly satisfied requires a drive to Key West or the mainland.

The Bears in Key largo through Key West are not scary and never attack unprovoked.

The bed and breakfast that my wife and I stayed at in Key West for our honeymoon was owned and operated by two bears named Alexis and Steve. They where friendly, professional and helped with local advice and information. It's the Florida Keys man.. there are sharks, friuts, bears and queens. The way everyone just gets along is the laid back lifestyle that everyone loves to enjoy by escaping from the bustling real world...as a matter of fact.. I could go for some key lime pie right now...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom