Sharks in Boynton??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, this was a double take this morning as i was about to leave the house - from the brief glimpse i got of pictures and a few words i could hear as i dashed around the house - what i caught was:
Photos of hundreds of sharks hanging out not far off shore from aerial photos and the few words said something about "no bathing was allowed this weekend off Boynton Beach due to the sharks in an area more noted for its coral" which sounded kind of like the Boynton we know and love - anyone else see/hear or know anything about this (Kev you are our man in the front line there)? Sounded interesting, i didnt find out what types of sharks they thought they were, but even though it was national news, it looked and sounded like it was from our fair state not some other area of the country.

That might well be them, there were too many to count on the aerial shots, but i didnt catch the type of shark off the report or many other details. Did anyone get out there and dive with them?

I caught one of Kevin's posts. He saw a spinner this weekend. Its time for them to appear. The next 2 months should be awesome!

So this weekend I couldn't get my SO to go diving. Friday, guys said there was no current on the Guy Harvey; Saturday, there was no current on the Hydro Atlantic and viz was reported at 100'. The drop line just hung there straight up and down. And now spinner sharks yesterday.
Wow, is it ever a good thing that I am such a calm person these days!

Tom Winters:
So this weekend I couldn't get my SO to go diving.

Tom, whats a SO?

It always seems that during the week the winds die and the weekends they build up. I think someone is taunting us!!!

~BD

Significant Other

It's true. They're here. I've seen them with my very own eyes. Spinner sharks are very cool critters. They just make the lagre shark category with an average size of about 5 or 6'. They prey on baitfish by attacking them from below often shooting completely out of the water spiraling and snapping. They have small-ish teeth and don't really consider anything human sized as food (I think). They have a very pointy nose too. I like em'!

I hope will get to see a few one our Splashdown dive later this month...... They look pretty cool!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom