Sharks Cove Report 6-7-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiHuntrs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We went back up to the North Shore and some of our favorite Nudibranch hunting grounds. Two great dives with considerable crowds from the scuba shops teaching classes and leading dives. It was a perfect day to be in the water.

Water temp for both dives was a bone-chilling 73F. Visibility was about 50-70, lots of particulate matter (stuff) floating in the water though.

We found some great stuff again. Nudibranchs we haven't seen in a while and several eels as well as a Sea Star Shrimp on a crown of thorns.:D

Sea Star Shrimp
Sharks%20Cove%20102.jpg

Locust nudibranch (tiny about 1/2 CM)
Sharks%20Cove%20068.jpg

Red-Spotted nudibranch
Sharks%20Cove%20024.jpg

Egg-Eating nudibranch
Sharks%20Cove%20124.jpg

Dwarf Moray eel
Sharks%20Cove%20095.jpg

All pix taken w/S&S Dx8000g w/2 YS-110 strobes

Aloha,

NH

wow! this is the 2nd time you've posted those Egg Eating Nudis! I've been looking and looking, but no luck!

Divebuddysean,
Thanks glad you liked the pix. The egg eating nudi is Favorinus japonicus.

Justleesa,
We tend to find them only on the very large Spanish Dancer rosette egg coils. We normally look at 10-15 coils before we find any. Hoovers book Hawaii Sea Creatures has some great pictures of what to look for. He even has pictures of the egg eaters egg coils on the rosette, if you see their eggs your on the right track.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

It was a great day to be at Sharks Cove Diving. Besides the all the people it was nice. I would like to thank Scubadrew for the jumper cables. and the lady that give me the jump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom