Sharks Cove night dive.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three Tables is where Iv'e been going it sounds like. Trying again to find the REAL sharks cove in the AM. No wonder I couldn't see a shark in the rocks!

Wildcard:
Three Tables is where Iv'e been going it sounds like. Trying again to find the REAL sharks cove in the AM. No wonder I couldn't see a shark in the rocks!

Three Tables is my favorite shore diving spot (or at least, until I get over my candy a## ways and try something more adventurous, I guess) - but I've never seen a shark diving off that site.

I have seen sharks when diving Shark's Cove (go figure) - a couple during a mid afternoon dive and several during a night dive on the same day. I don't know if that's typical, though - other times I've been there, nary a shark to be seen. I don't prefer that site just because of that dirt hill I mentioned earlier. After a bunch of divers have traversed it, it's pretty wet and I'm always afraid I'm going to go sliding down the thing - my balance with full gear on isn't the best.

Anyway, hope to see you on Labor Day. Should be fun - and as I mentioned to Leesa, it seems like due to the plethora of diving opportunities on every day of the year, the Hawaii Scubaboarders kind of do their own thing, rather than really meet up to dive as a group. It would be nice to get together for once. Now if we could get the resident extreme shore diving guru to show (yes, I'm talking about you, blue magoo) it would be great. :D

I would have to agree. I have dove with a dozen or so folks from the board but none from Hawaii. Well, not from the same island anyway....Shore diving is great but I just gotta find a place to park my boat here. Sitting on the big isle for sale right now.

So I finaly founf the real sharks cove. I knew it was the one from all the signs :)...Crappy diving yesterday. GF tore of a toenail walking around on the rocks then had a heck of a time making it back up the hill. Went to Three tables later and it was much better untill tehe swell came up. It was a god aday to be ashore....

ch0ppersrule:
Lanai Lookout is an awesome dive. ... If you time it just right you can drift to the Blowhole. ... Yes, the Blowhole is billygoat diving. Easier to get down than to get up the hill. ... We are going to dive the Trench this weekend.

Drift dive? Whoa. Cruising the Molokai Express? That's must've been awesome -- glad I wasn't there :D ... That's waaaayyy beyond me -- I've been badged with the Chicken Livered Coward with Yellow-Belly clusters.

Getting down to Halona Cove IS hard -- or easy if you slip and bounce down....

Haven't done the Trench in, gosh, over 20yrs. Vaguely remembered it was deep, murky, and spooky; got shallower toward the harbor and about 50-70yds across.

Oh yeah, Pupukea is not Shark's Cove, although Shark's Cove is located in Pupukea :confused2 Pupukea is a surf break further up the coast, just past Pipeline/Ehukai and before Sunset.

What's this Labor Day thing? My work schedule is completely shot for the whole summer and getting a kitchen pass is problematic but if I can, I will....

bluemagoo:
What's this Labor Day thing? My work schedule is completely shot for the whole summer and getting a kitchen pass is problematic but if I can, I will....

Here you go..would be fun if you cool make it

justleesa:
Here you go..would be fun if you cool make it

If it's Shark's Cove, getting a kitchen pass would be easier; been taking the Mrs. quite a number of years and she likes to swim/snorkel there (not a diver) -- if not for a tank dive, then for sure as a freediving/float-tow monkey. Gotta see how the work schedule goes tho' :kopfab:

bluemagoo:
Drift dive? Whoa. Cruising the Molokai Express? That's must've been awesome -- glad I wasn't there :D ... That's waaaayyy beyond me -- I've been badged with the Chicken Livered Coward with Yellow-Belly clusters.

Getting down to Halona Cove IS hard -- or easy if you slip and bounce down....

Haven't done the Trench in, gosh, over 20yrs. Vaguely remembered it was deep, murky, and spooky; got shallower toward the harbor and about 50-70yds across.

Oh yeah, Pupukea is not Shark's Cove, although Shark's Cove is located in Pupukea :confused2 Pupukea is a surf break further up the coast, just past Pipeline/Ehukai and before Sunset.

We didn't catch the Molokai Express which is probably why we were all out of air. I went with some friends who know the best times and spots to dive. It is great to dive with them. I wouldn't mind trying to drift it again. I like the Blow hole, just hate the mountain climbing. The trench is still dark and murky and spooky, but it is good diving when nothing else is accesible. I have a picture of the monk seal we got to see there- look at my gallery. I will be adding more pictures later today.

ch0ppersrule:
We didn't catch the Molokai Express which is probably why we were all out of air. I went with some friends who know the best times and spots to dive. It is great to dive with them. I wouldn't mind trying to drift it again. I like the Blow hole, just hate the mountain climbing. The trench is still dark and murky and spooky, but it is good diving when nothing else is accesible. I have a picture of the monk seal we got to see there- look at my gallery. I will be adding more pictures later today.

Just curious, what was your profile like at Lanai Lookout? Where'd you come in? Halona Cove? That's a pretty good distance to cover even if you caught the Express....I'm getting the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.... (Oh to clarify, in my mind, the Express is a contrary current that tends to appear with Kona weather; otherwise, the normal current flows from Sandy's toward Haunama Bay.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom