Shark Massacre in New York - Coverage - Very Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am simply shouting loud enough to combat the other side of the story - they have the podium - they are killing sharks and our oceans. Someone's gotta combat that and a boring story doesn't accomplish that. After speaking with researchers from around the globe, I believe in everything I've reported.

Huh? So half-truths are justified in your mind, as long as the cause is good....

The glorification of killing the largest and healthiest of the species is despicable and unacceptable. Hundreds of sharks die from these tournaments. That is the massacre. That is why Destin was shut down.

Destin was really shut down in 1995. They attempted to revive it in 2006, and ran it then, but it really wasn't worthwhile to keep going on.

U of F researcher George Burgess (keeper of the shark attack files at U of F) dissected the 11 sharks taken in, and added that to the accumulation of knowledge about sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom