Shark in Perdidio Pass!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall:
Hey, I'm a tourist!

I wouldn’t go as far as labeling you a tourist Paul, As much as you visit here we’ll just call you a Transplant.

Oh by the way would you know what makes for a great Transplant? I’ll let you in on a little Island secrete, It’s one that comes here and marries a Snowbird then adopts to War Eagle fans and then moves back home :wink:

tom wicker:
I can see this post is getting out of hand, A cool head seems to be what is needed here. For many years the population of Pleasure Island as a whole for the past twenty years or so has come to the point of needing to rely on the Tourist and the Snowbird . I know this to be a fact I have been told time and time again by them if it wasn’t for us you all would have nothing and uneducated Red Necks:confused:

Oh Hell Yea !! Blow them bridges But wait what about the Bikini clad tourist? I sure would miss the skinny dipping service calls I get by owners wives complaining about wild women :eyebrow:

You gotta point ....leave the bridges ..........just send back the snowbirds!!!!!!!

THE NEXT TIME A SNOWBIRD TELLS YOU THAT THEY PAY OUR SALARY..TELL THEM THAT I NEED A RAISE!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl3:

Here's the way it used to be... the way I wish it still was...
This shot is taken from Florida Point looking at Cotton Bayou, with Alabama Point on the left across the pass. If you took the same shot today you'd be looking at the Perdido Pass bridge with the two spoil islands behind it, four or five condos and a thousand tourists - and their trash.
perdido1.jpg

This one is taken from a little further East on Florida Point, looking NorthEast across Old River at the dunes of Ono Island and, in the very far background, the trees on Innerarity Point. This predates the Flora Bama and the Ono Island bridge. Take this shot today and you're looking at a wall of condos...
perdido2.jpg

This one's from the bayside beach just east of the entrance to Soldier Creek, looking south. From the left you're seeing Innerarity Point, Ono Island and Bear Point, with Florida and Alabama Points behind them. The same shot today is a near solid wall of condos along the gulf beaches.
perdido3.jpg

We still own our little piece of paradise on Perdido Bay, but the quality of life we enjoyed as youngsters there is gone... and will never come again.
Sad...
Rick

Great pics Rick, I wish I knew the place back then - or maybe not, after seeing what it became. Still, Gulf Shores/Orange Beach isn't as crowded as PCB or Destin just yet... only a matter of time though :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom