Shark in Perdidio Pass!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Sunday we were poking the boat's nose out Perdido Pass just to see if the diving was doable. It wasn't. We then turned around to check out the jetties. We were right outside the pass. I was checking out the muddy water when we saw a REALLY large shark go sailing by about 15 yards away from our boat but closer to another boat that was trolling. Big shark, really big.

seadoggirl:
On Sunday we were poking the boat's nose out Perdido Pass just to see if the diving was doable. It wasn't. We then turned around to check out the jetties. We were right outside the pass. I was checking out the muddy water when we saw a REALLY large shark go sailing by about 15 yards away from our boat but closer to another boat that was trolling. Big shark, really big.

OH NOO!! I know you just didn’t say the S word :shakehead couldn’t you have said Mr Gray suit or Tax collector or even a very large Mullet anything but the S word. I’ve got a newbie going for his first dive this weekend just out of class I was planning on showing him the Whiskey and the Miami he is petrified of sharks :hai: and his wife is my niece which is afraid her Uncle is going to get her Husband killed with just plain old diving.. Port Track just last week caused him to almost stop going to class.

But to be honest with you what you seen was a fish I got tied up for the shoot out shhh don’t tell know one :rofl3:

If there were sharks in the water, I wasn't anywhere around. I'm cursed by not seeing them, ever... :(

I saw a 12-15 foot bull shark to my first dive on stage 1 in panama city. Let me tell you that was a real sobbering experience. He just swam by and from what I could tell he was not really interested in what we were doing.

I would not be to upset if that was the last one I ever see but somehow I figure that is highly unlikely.

tom wicker:
OH NOO!! I know you just didn’t say the S word :shakehead couldn’t you have said Mr Gray suit or Tax collector or even a very large Mullet anything but the S word. I’ve got a newbie going for his first dive this weekend just out of class I was planning on showing him the Whiskey and the Miami he is petrified of sharks :hai: and his wife is my niece which is afraid her Uncle is going to get her Husband killed with just plain old diving.. Port Track just last week caused him to almost stop going to class.

But to be honest with you what you seen was a fish I got tied up for the shoot out shhh don’t tell know one :rofl3:
After the cert dives are done I'll share our shark adventures around Perdido pass from back in the early 60's... Before the jetties and the bridge and all the condos and the tourists chased 'em off, mostly. :D
Rick

If it helps any, I went fishing down the beach last Friday just like I did the Friday before and did not see a single shark. I guess they are all gone now and the waters are perfectly safe!!

Mike

I would love to see one, but like bugman , I'm cursed. awesome report!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm... you folks do realize that the Gulf of Mexico has one of the largest and most diverse shark populations on the planet???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom