Shark ID in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats it, I'm not going back to CZM. lol

it'll probably be fine...

But for safety, get a new wet suit?

3947514001_8bb2ef6ab0.jpg

We dived the 240 ledge this weekend and some people were with me that were new to spearfishing. He got his first fish (Mangrove), then promptly handed it to the large sandbar shark that swam up behind him lol. His buddy, gave him is favorite sign underwater which is *there is a big freaking shark right behind you* lololol

They come up and that sandbar shark circled our two boats for 20 minutes. I had shot a decent sized AJ and tried hanging him over the side of the boat but he wouldn't come get it. Once someone gives up their catch I am out of the water, they become super aggressive after that.

The #taxman

So, I got a fisherman report today. Apparently I fisherman brought swordfish streaks to Guidos. They were fishing off Chankanab and caught a little dorado, which was then eaten by a large sword fish. Then a big mako shark showed up and savaged the sword. So if you want fresh sword, Guidos is the place tonight! And when diving, keep an eye out for a big mako and try not to look like a swordfish....

Well, if fish stories are to be believed, then maybe we did see a mako on Colombia. In our minds we are down to a silky or a mako. Maybe getting close for a photo is a bad idea. I sure did think about finning hard after it.

I passed along this thred to the Owner/DM we were with and he is still thinking it was a mako. He was closer than I and says he has seen them in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom