Shark feeding in the Bahamas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With Stuart Cove.
From what I've seem they all do basicly the samr thing.
And I guess for some it could be Ok but to me it was a waste of dive time. Kneeling on the bottom while a guy places a fish on the end of a stick to feed the sharks just gets boring.
Now swim along side of a 10 or 12 foot reef shark now thats exciting. Their grace is unbeleivable. If your someone that only has limited time for the dive well why waste it.

Just my opinion:)
Fred

Did the dive with Stuart Cove's three years ago off the New Providence. We worth the money. Make sure to buy the video to freak out your non-diving friends and family. That tape is a favorite in our house. My children and nieces watch it all the time.

I went on a shark adventure(snorkel) in Hawaii(north shore) where they put you in a shark cage while they fed the sharks. It was interesting for about 10 minutes after that it was "just more of the same thing". I promised a friend that I would do the Stuart Cove dive with him next summer. I think I will enjoy it but I don't look forward to 40 minutes of kneeling on a sandy bottom.

Natasha once bubbled...
It got cold because we could not move around, so be sure to take a wet suit.

It gets real cold!!!! At least if you are prone to it like me. I've done several in the Bahamas, Fla Keys (pre-ban) and Australia - its really cool and gives you an appreciation of sharks. Will I be doing it again - sure, in a drysuit!!! :D

I have done it a few times with UNEXSO on Grand Bahama island. Make sure you take a camera! Non divers love shark pictures. I live in a small town and word got around. My pictures made the local paper. The last one I did was in 2000 with my then 18 year old daughter. (It was her 6th dive) She says it was the most exciting thing she has ever done.
The dive is very easy as Natasha said.
Good Diving!

I did one in July with Stuart Cove's. I would recommend doing it at least once just to experience it.

- Watch out for the Remora fish (not dangerous). One tried to attach itself to me during the first 'swim' dive. That was interesting and alot of fun.

- Don't be surprised if a shark bumps into you while the feed is going on. I had my vid cam going and one shark smacked it with his/her fin - the mic picked up the smack too when I played it back.

- After the feeding dive you'll get a chance to scour the bottom for a souvenir shark tooth.

- Oh yeah, and buy the video.

Have fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom