Shark dives at Beqa Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

Does anyone know if we need to book the dives in advance?

We are going in July 2016.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Only based on my experience of doing this twice: If you're staying at a resort, you can just arrange with the resort when you arrive, as each resort has allocated days that they do the shark dives in order to avoid overcrowding.

If you're doing your own thing and booking the diving separately with one of the standalone dive ops, you might want to schedule something in advance.

I am currently here at the Beqa Lagoon Resort. You just show up and sign up once here. There is an activities board in the main dining area with things to do for the week and sign-up sheets for extra activities like the shark dives, fishing excursions or waterfall hike.
I will be going on my first shark dive later this week. :scared:

Only based on my experience of doing this twice: If you're staying at a resort, you can just arrange with the resort when you arrive, as each resort has allocated days that they do the shark dives in order to avoid overcrowding.

If you're doing your own thing and booking the diving separately with one of the standalone dive ops, you might want to schedule something in advance.

Agree with WetPup. We were doing our own thing, drove over to one of the shark dive operators they were booked up that week, drove over to the other one they had availability. The harder thing for us was to book non-shark diving days. Unfortunately it seems most of the diving is centered around the shark dives, the rest of the diving which they will call "soft coral dives" is booked only on the remaining days they aren't doing the shark dives.

If you are thinking of Fiji and specifically the Beqa area, you might want to consider Lalati Resort. Lalati is on a bay better protected from wind and rain and the location affords some better dive site options. I book both resorts but tend to prefer Lalati.

I dove this dive when I was there and it was amazing! Hope you get the tiger shark comming in, we did she was amazing, 17 ft.

Beqa Lagoon Resort and Lalati all booked up for my travel dates in July so I booked Club Oceanus with Booking.com.

Contacted Aquatrek about shark dives and they requested a booking with advance payment.

I think there's gonna be a big crowd during this period.

Thanks for all the valuable info.

Contacted Beqa Adventure Divers and they have few slots left for 8th July.
They only require credit card details to book the slot and no need to settle in advance.

Accommodation available for July will be the higher end.

Hi

Does anyone know if we need to book the dives in advance?

We are going in July 2016.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

When in July would you have thought of coming to Beqa Lagoon Resort - and how many pax - we may have some availability :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom