Shark Bite LBTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously the nurse sharks are being affected by the oil spill.
Kind like a bad acid trip.

"Killed and left for dead" was my favorite talking head quote--now there's another...........This thread can be expected to survive for quite some time.

Glad everyone is enjoying the exaggeration factor of news reporting. I'm there with you! Because what I heard this morning on ch7 (and it was just a headline as I was getting dressed to go diving at LBTS) was "Diver bitten by shark at LBTS" so in a half awake half still asleep state I looked it up on line and sure enough a totally different story.

But the point of the posting was to see if the diver involved was one of the people here on the board that are regulars there at LBTS and to see if the Good Samaritan was OK. By the way lovely day of diving at LBTS; many divers were there today. Did see a nurse shark out there today and was happy I did.

Just wanted to make that clear, I was not meaning to alert people about dangerous nurse sharks or any such nonsense. Now back to ripping on the media!

But the point of the posting was to see if the diver involved was one of the people here on the board that are regulars there at LBTS and to see if the Good Samaritan was OK.

The diver is obviously still in the ICU otherwise he/she would have posted here already. Those nurse shark bites are like 3rd degree burns man!!! :D

Hand2ndburn.jpg

... and they had video this morning on the news... turns out it wasn't even a diver. Now it appears it was a fisherman who hauled one out on to the pier and got bitten as he was trying to release it.

Is that your hand Wiz? Cool hickey!

I have it on good authority that a scuba diver was on Anglin's pier just about to enter or exit the water (I cannot remember...everything is a little fuzzy from the flu meds right now), when a rabid nurse shark/great white shark hybrid all jacked up from the BP Oil Spill leaped from the water and attacked all of the poor souls on the pier.
The Diver/Fisherman/Pier Bum grabbed their deep sea gill net and subdued the hybrid shark monster while wearing a full set of scuba gear (MOF) including his fins.
Really....
Quite and amazing story!
Rick Sanchez and Sally Fitz I understand are going to reunite and do a complete 6 part mini-series on the shark attacks that are so prevalent in LBTS and then move on to a complete 10 part mini-series on the lingering effects of Hurricane Andrew, and Brian Norcross will drop in to explain that Hurricane Andrew is finally getting reorganized up in the North Atlantic and will undoubtedly be back this coming October to swat SF again and KILL US ALL!

-or-
Maybe not.

Chug
Feels like crap today.

Keep on the meds. Love the stories! :rofl3:

CH 7 does tend to "exaggerate". About 2 weeks ago Belky reported that all fishing was CLOSED because of oil in the Fl Keys

Rick Sanchez and Sally Fitz

I'm going to open my veins.........:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

(no truth to the rumor they both had multiple orgasims while reporting during Hurricane Andrew - but I did notice they were never shown (on camera) below the waist - and speaking of waste, good description of both)

CH 7 does tend to "exaggerate". About 2 weeks ago Belky reported that all fishing was CLOSED because of oil in the Fl Keys

Never!

Although its great to see so many others fed up w/ quality and method of what passes for reporting :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom