Shark attack in Acapulco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it aint just happening on the american coast...

Over here in South East Asia it's happening too...Whale sharks and Manta rays which are usually seen before the moonsoon hit in September are appearing in April...even my LDS owner is saying the weather is getting weird.

What is going on?

What is going on the west coast of north america. This is the third attack i have heard of in the last couple of weeks. there is something happening. are there some changing currents bringing these sharks closer in? are there bait fish migrating?
crazy days!

Please! Are we going to have chicken little about sharks as well! What is going on is more people in the water! That is a good thing! Lets see if six people out of 6 billion get bitten what % does that make? What's going on with people these days? "Change in currents"???!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::shakehead:

You've got a point there papa bear. Sounding a bit feisty today, though (with all due respect).....

With all due respect papa bear, i think you would know that anything related to the environment does not happen all of the sudden. It accumulates over time and if things are happening which it aint happened before...something is wrong, alarm bells should be sounding.

Your right they don't and they haven't in my life time! Ocean temperatures in our area have not varied much for the 57 years I have been around them! Currents come from the gulf of Alaska and we get Pacific upwelling from these currents and the off shore winds, now go further south and they very even less unless the up welling is stronger during wind events! So "What is going on?" is weather! If you don't like it wait it will change it does all the time, it's the only thing constant! Sharks have see changes for 4 hundred million years and they are still here! So my point is nothing is going on except the normal variants within a ever changing system, but it is so slow the sharks would never notice, they just are what they are... Sharks! Remember 70 years ago very few people even went into the Ocean and a hundred years ago you would have been considered nuts to go into the Ocean on propose!

I am sorry for anyones loss, but all life has risk, and he was doing what he liked and wanted to do! No one can ask any more of their life or death!

Adrian was my nephew, he was a good kid and this trip to Mexico was a spur of the moment kind of thing. I only hope that his friends did all they could for him under the circumstances.

Doc, so very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to you and the rest of the family. I didn't suspect that incident would affect anyone here on SB that personally. I know there is little anyone can say to overcome that loss. At least it happened while he was doing something he liked. Again, so very sorry.

Sorry to hear the news Doc Wong

Ah Doc...So sorry about your nephew....Gather your family close and hug them tight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom