Shark Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A while ago we drove up to the North Shore to enjoy the Shark adventure. They take you out (3 miles from shore), drop you in a cage that is floating on the surface over a 300' abyss and then start chumming the water - the sound of the boat and the "smell" of the chum and the sharks are there in no time...

well, we do see sharks on our regular dives...but this is the only way to see so many, so close at once here. It is an exciting experience.

i want to go to south africa to dive with the great whites over there

The bottom of the cage kind of worries me. Just say your foot slips through the bars there and your leg gets stuck...

Was it purely snorkel? Or did you use a tank or snuba?

Chris

Universal Diver:
The bottom of the cage kind of worries me. Just say your foot slips through the bars there and your leg gets stuck...

Chris

As you can see from a different persective that most people don't even let their feet even get close to the bottom of the cage.
outside10.JPG

I guess I have been lucky to experience this adventure from outside the cage.....needless to say it has yet to be topped! Sorry but I can't reveal how I was able to do that.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom