Share your recovery stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but now the inlaws may be coming in for that weekend

What time are we meeting to leave:D?!?

...don't give me that look Rhonda, I'm just kiddin....

Last edited:
The Dive Team Captain just called and asked if I could make it over to Jefferson tomorrow for movie shoot . Seems an actor is going to swim the Cypress River; and they'll make a nice donation to the Team to have safety divers in the water. Been digging out alternate gear, so I'll have a dry box Friday morning when I head to Ouachita..... you commin' Kory? :confused:
Ask Rhonda if she'll send some brownies with you.......:rofl3::rofl3:

It's been a long time my friend. When did you come over to the dark side of diving? My last recovery was lookin for a stolen car, wound up having an underwater fight with a beach umbrella and a BBQ pit. Car was on the other side of the lake. Not one of my better days.....Take care

Hey there, Homey.... Been back in the usa since june '07 and started with the team last year. How's the kids and lovely Lisa? Man, it seems like a long time, well, July '03, right? We need to remedy that.

I'm feeling old these days... the sixth grand child is due next week...:D

I dove to recover a sunken dock, had to dive down in a couple inches of vis, locate it and tie a cable onto it, then go back down again for a couple other items in 0 vis due to the lifting of the doc string it all up, second dive was brail work.

My most exciting recovery dive...

I lost my mask during a surface swim after a dive at Lake Travis (I know, keep your mask on your face). I didn't realize it was gone until I got back to shore. :dork2:

So, I spent the second dive searching for the mask in 15-20 feet of water. I didn't have a backup mask, so I had to use a pair of swim goggles. Took me half an hour, but I found it!

I learned a lot that day, here's the most important bit: when scuba diving with swim goggles, don't put them on until after you descend, otherwise they will suck your eyeballs out! :crazyeye:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom