Share your 2005 Results -- 2006 Goals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i had a good dive year in 2005. I met my goals of completing Introduction to Cave
as well as DIR-F. Both classes were challenging, and taught me quite a lot about
what skills i didn't quite have down pat (it comes down to bouyancy and task loading).

Bottom line is, I feel I am a better diver after completing these two classes.

On the travel front, my wife and I went to Roatan, Honduras, where we stayed at the CocoView Resort. I highly recommend the CocoView for anyone who is serious about diving. I wasn't feeling well, but managed to complete 18 dives on an "easy" schedule.

Some of the other places I dove this year are, in no particular order (all places in Florida): Peacock Springs, Blue Grotto, Ginnie Springs and Devil's System, Manatee Springs, off-shore Jacksonville, and Blue Spring.

This year was my first with a drysuit. I have done roughly 30 dives with it, and I absolutely love it. Was also my first year with Scubapro Jetfins, and they are superb for delicate finwork.

Also of note, this year marked my first doubles dive. I bought a set of Worthington Low Pressure (LP) 85's from ScubaToys. They gave me a nice deal on the manifold and bands as well. I was pretty proud to put the tanks together myself, though, of course, this isn't hard.

As for the final numbers, this year I did 61 dives (41 freshwater, 20 salt). Of those, 37were overhead (12 cavern, 25 cave). I also did 2 night dives.

GOALS FOR 2006:

--Apprentice Cave
--Advanced Nitrox
--Dive Trip either to N. California or Tobago
--New Mixed-Gas Dive Computer
--60 Dives

Yey! I love to make New years resolutions. And i just realized that dive goals for 2006 will probably be the only type of resolution i KNOW i will keep!!

Okay, so i am a newbie. But summer of 2005 i got my OW certification completed. With an infant, a husband deployed, working full time, and dont live next to water, i was still able to get in about 12 dives with him gone. This year will definitly be more active.

This year i want to work on getting more comfortable in areas. And get in diffrent types of diving. (Wreck, night ect). And in the spring i plan on taking the advanced ow to help that along. I will also try to dive in more places then just SO Cal. I am from FLorida, so i will probably dive while visiting. Taking a trip to Panama also... gotta dive there. And i am a decent distance from Mexico, but i am sure i can get that in too. After all i have a whole year. I am sure i could fit that in plus some.

My New Years resolutions are are normal "lose a few lbs" "save some money" yada yada type things, but most importantly get back to my passion of SCUBA on a more regular basis.

I dove/dived religiously from 1994 til 2000 whenever possible, but from 2000 til early 2005, I might have been on a handful of dives. Well, much to my delight, a few of my co-workers got the SCUBA itch and had to try it and now they're hooked...now I have some dive buddies once again. I'm planning trips left and right since last summer and I'm so looking forward to a busy schedule in 2006.

So there ya have it, my main resolution is to dive whenever possible throughout the year.....I love diving too much to let so many years pass ever again. re-ordering my inactive Dive-Con sticker year after year gets old....LOL....:D

New diver, certed in April '05. This year was dry suit, Nitrox, Rescue, 84 dives.
Two beautiful trips, Utila and Florida Keys, both organized by DD.
For '06 -- DM here I come :) Travel wise, probably Bonaire, not sure where else.

Goals of 2005 achieved:
Advanced Nitrox
Trimix Gas Blender
I did something around 60 - 70 dives in Poland and Egypt.
first dives in doubles and finally I bought my own dry suit.
As for travelling - Egypt (of course), England, Italy, Hungary. Not enough - worse result than in 2004
:D

Goals for 2006:
Dive Master, DirF and Full trimix. But for the last two i have to give up smoking. To do so I have to loose some kilos before (so when I put on as a result of no smoking I will still have the same number of kilos as now).
The biggest planned trip - Florida in July where i should meet Andy and (I hope so) quite a big number of MODs- Hurrayyy!!!!!
Mania

Got certified in Jun 05
Logged 76 scuba dives
Logged 43 skin-dives (down frm 91 in 04)
Went dry for the last 4 dives
Deepest= 78'
Longest=:90
Coldest=42F
Warmest=76F
Darkest: Totally
Found 75 golf balls (down fro 224 in 04)

Goals for 06
AOW
Nitrox
Ice Diving
Start submitting REEF Surveys
1 or 2 warm water trips
Meet or beat my 05 dive count
Keep finding time for skin-diving
Become a good lap swimmer

Got certified in 05! Got my nitrox done and got a DIR-F provisional... I still only have about 20 or so dives...Although I am a dive shop junkie and have learned tons about equipment, servicing, and airfills, just from watching and some participating.

Goals for 06: Dive a LOT, Pass DIR-F, get into cavern and maybe by the end of the year intro cave. I would also like to win the lottery..but I'd probably have to start playing or something for that to happen.. We'll see...

GOALS FOR 2006:

--Apprentice Cave
--Advanced Nitrox
--Dive Trip either to N. California or Tobago
--New Mixed-Gas Dive Computer
--60 Dives

I went in to 2005 assuming I would become a PADI instructor. I didn't do that. Instead I spend my budget on North Sea diving and a trip to Egypt. I logged 72 dives and spent about 50 hours training and/or diving with new divers, which is about average for me these days. I also went diving in Turkey, Egypt and Belgium (yes, Belgium). Deepest dive was about 45 metres and the longest was about 2 hours. The most significant experiences this year for me were being joined by a dolphin during a dive and making a (don't try this at home) solo deco dive on a North Sea wreck.

2006 is starting with an ice diving course (IANTD) in the Czech republic and a Normoxic course. Ice diving is just something that I've wanted to try and the Normoxic Trimix course is just another specialty to keep me trying new things. I've decided not to become an instructor this year. I'll continue to DM for the shop but I want to focus on scuba reviews and do fewer OW courses. I may sign up for a DIR-F course in Belgium this year having been inspired by several people on scubaboard. However, I'll only do this if my agenda allows and my regular buddy can take the course too..... Looking at my vacation time it's doubtful that I'll be able to make a diving trip this year. I have to go to Canada for a couple of weeks so I hope I can make a few dives around Vancouver with friends. If I have to go to India on work I'll try to get to Goa too but that one is left to karma.

R..

2006 Goals:

1. Dive a lot more often - I switched jobs and went back to school for my MBA in 2005, which really cut into my free time.

2. Advanced Open Water

3. NITROX Certification

4. Rescue Diver

When I get through all of those, I am looking to get a dry suit and will probably do DIR-F. I think both of those will have to wait until 2007.

2005 Accomplishments:
OW & Nitrox
First Dive Vacation
Logged 15 dives
Did about a dozen more dives in addition to the logged dives

2006 Plans:
Rescue Diver
AOW
One or two dive vacations in Central America (maybe one on a live aboard)
Two or more weekend dive trips in Gulf of Mexico
Dive a least once every other weekend
Do a better job of logging my dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom