Shamu drags trainer underwater....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, if you get the vision package it is unlimited web browsing from the phone. . .

Oh.... well, I just might have to do that. I'm not a technologically savy person... can one check email with that too? Does it take a while to make posts and such. I'm assuming it would cause it would be slow typing with the phone keys.

erparamedic:
Oh.... well, I just might have to do that. I'm not a technologically savy person... can one check email with that too? Does it take a while to make posts and such. I'm assuming it would cause it would be slow typing with the phone keys.

I have done it before it is best to set your theme to the SB lite before you leave for vacation that way it is faster to load, I will be getting on this weekend in this manner. . . Isn't that hard really of course I text A LOT so I am used to typing on the keypad. . . one can check there e-mail depending on the e-mail provider. . .

Hey thanks... I'll have to check it out. I don't usually text... unless Rod doesn't answer his phone... which is rare. I figure if I wanna say something, I'll just call. :wink:. But anyway, vision might help me keep in touch while I'm gone. I'll have to check it out.

It is free for at least one month :D

Which phone do you have? :D

I am nosy can you tell :)

The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund allows visitors to the nine Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks, as well as members of the general public, to supplement the more than $2.5 million the company currently earmarks for various conservation programs.

Projects include the “Falkland Islands Penguin Census 2005/2006” (Falklands Conservation), “Orangutan Care and Quarantine Center” (Orangutan Foundation International) and the “Shark Conservation Program” (WildAid).

An 11-time recipient of the prestigious State of California Waste Reduction Awards Program recycling honor, SeaWorld recycles asphalt, tires, scrap metal, pre-consumer fruits and vegetables, cooking oil, Clydesdale manure, landscaping green waste, batteries and concrete in addition to more traditional recyclable materials.

Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute (HSWRI)

SeaWorld Oiled Wildlife Care Center

SeaWorld Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation Program

Just in case anyone wanted to know about the good things SeaWorld does.

jhbryaniv:
HMM does anyone know what happens to a wild bear when they attack a hiker?

99% of the time they are NOT destroyed.

jhbryaniv:
It is free for at least one month :D

Which phone do you have? :D

I am nosy can you tell :)

My phone is a Samsung something. :D I don't know which one. How do I set it to SB lite? I've never done that before.

Oh, and I'll be on hit and miss today... my sister is getting married this afternoon, and I have a couple errands to run with Mom.

Ghost Diver:
The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund allows visitors to the nine Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks, as well as members of the general public, to supplement the more than $2.5 million the company currently earmarks for various conservation programs.

Projects include the “Falkland Islands Penguin Census 2005/2006” (Falklands Conservation), “Orangutan Care and Quarantine Center” (Orangutan Foundation International) and the “Shark Conservation Program” (WildAid).

An 11-time recipient of the prestigious State of California Waste Reduction Awards Program recycling honor, SeaWorld recycles asphalt, tires, scrap metal, pre-consumer fruits and vegetables, cooking oil, Clydesdale manure, landscaping green waste, batteries and concrete in addition to more traditional recyclable materials.

Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute (HSWRI)

SeaWorld Oiled Wildlife Care Center

SeaWorld Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation Program

Just in case anyone wanted to know about the good things SeaWorld does.

I love Sea World, and we bought Fun Passes when we took the kids back in June. We spent 2 days there in June and the kids absolutely LOVED the stingray lagoon and the dolphin pool (Key West??). Of course the dolphin show and Shamu show was a hit too... but we spent most of our time at the stingrays and dolphins, and the sea lions. When Rod and I go to FL next week... we're gonna try to spend a few hours at Sea World before we do our dive at Epcot.

I love zoos (some) and hate Sea World type parks.

Well financed and well run zoos provide excellent habitats and educational programs, often run vital breeding programs, and give the critters decent homes.

Sea World encloses animals that are social and roam great areas of the ocean into small pools and forces them to do tricks.

Notice in the video on this thread the dorsal fin is bent over. This only occurs in captivity.

Also, these attacks are not too rare. This is the 2nd attack on a trainer at that Sea World this year. It happens every so often when the animals are in a mood.

Look for video of Killer Whales in the wild.. If it wanted to (she?) could have crushed the trainer immediately, or simply tossed him up into the stands. It simply toyed with him. Although attributing any reason to it would involve too much personification.

Monterey Aquarium and the like serve the goal of education and research. Sea Worlds seek to put on a show and make a profit.

Essentially, Sea World is to and Aquarium as a Circus is to a Zoo.

Circus's aren't there to educate the public, but to profit from the entertainment, and often at the expense of the animals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom