Shameless self promotion...My first book!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm anxious to get my copy! Thanks for putting it out there for us to enjoy!

Cant wait to get my copy. I am moving to SoCal this summer so a guide to the local sites will be a huge help.

Congrats on the book.

......You can see detail of reefs and wrecks by zooming all the way in on Google Earth. Most of the area between O.C and White Point are available, as is much of the Santa Monica bay.....
I know that .... and I have the same datasets Google Earth is using.

But, for what we want to do (show the shape of the rocks that make up the reefs - and not just the shape of the reef as Google Earth does) we need more and better data :depressed:

One more question. Isn't the Olympic II in your neck of the wood?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I planned to include sites from Redondo Beach to many of the wrecks and pipes off Pt. Fermin, but every time I dived the wrecks off L.A. Harbor I got lousy vis. I compromised and left off some of my favorite sites. I really wanted wide angle shots of the UB88. I have most of the sites I excluded finished as far as writing, but without wide angle shots it doesn't seem as interesting. I want to show off the diving in my own backyard.

My gosh Phil, what an awesome description of our usual fare! Many of us who grew up diving here felt this was "our" lil' oasis. Some have come and tried to explain it, your "Book" will be a refreshing and inviting text about what the heck we love here!!

I couldn't be happier for you, and ALL of us divers who enjoy the awesome beauty of the Palos Verdes Peninsula and all it has to offer! I trust my personally signed copy is in the mail, Haa! ...and YES you can find Neptune's Arch from the beach, BUT ya gotta be good!

Peace on you Bro!
Be Safe Out There!

I'm going to have a little old book signing at Pacific Wilderness when Jeff gets the twenty copies in that he ordered. I'll try to set it up for a time when everyone can get there. BTW, I don't feel as if I did anything special. I've wanted to buy a book like this for more than two decades, but it wasn't available.

I just bought my version of the book today and hopefully when I move to SoCal this summer, I will be able to meet up with you and get it signed (and maybe do a dive as well!). I look forward to exploring the RPV peninsula and using your book to do it!

Back
Top Bottom