Shallow Erie Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJoes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Coraopolis (Pittsburgh area) Pennsylvania
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to introduce myself and my customers with Lake Erie diving this summer. I am strictly recreational and would prefer to stay above 100', but primarily in the 40-80 foot range. Are there any good sites wrecks or other that people could reccommend?

Shallowest I've seen is about 80' on the Osprey Charter's website. I don't want to scare anyone off.

-Thanks, Jeff

Jeff:

Eastern end of the lake is pretty shallow, so what is left of the wrecks off Buffalo are pretty pummled, or were blown up due to being navagation hazzards (and there aren'y many). It still can be fun, but the good shape ones are deeper.....

The other problem is the "invisible line"... (Canada). Can't tie up on anything in Canadian waters without going all the way to Pt. Colborne (mouth of the Welland) and registering on the Video Phone....

To wreck dive Erie, you got to get to 90' - 110'. A bunch to see between Dunkirk & Barcelona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom