shadow divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome book! Read it from Seattle to Cabo non-stop; couldn't put it down...
I second the "Great Job!" to your uncle, Frank! Can't wait for the movie.

A most excellent book. A real page turner and really hard to put down. I managed to finish it in under a week while I should have focused on two papers. A true thanks to Chatterton and your Uncle especially for their perseverence in identifying the wreck and learning not to accept anothers history when it contradicts their evidence.

Oh yes, many thanks to Chatterton and Plokhoy, and your uncle Kohler and the Atlantic Wreck Divers for two of the greatest laughs of my life (Lord I love scuba humor)...

"CLOSED FOR INVENTORY :dropmouth
PLEASE USE ALTERNATE ENTRANCE :banghead:
THANK YOU
CREW AND PATRONS OF THE SEEKER" (pp. 112)

I fear the other is not quite appropriate :censored: for the board but will say the chant of the AWD is audaciously beautiful. :scubadive

I'm in the middle of the book right now... a friend let me borrow it and this is a great book.. at the same time it makes you want to go deep wreck diving and not want to ever dare it. This autor is great and the people invloved couldn't have been created better than their real lives have actually been. Some great quotes and great stories. :wave-smil

lol yes i dont think that the song is appropriate for the board. lol i sing it now at dives.

I think Shadow Divers would make a GREAT movie. I was glad to hear that plans to make it a movie are in the works.

It's too bad that the big SCUBA diving movie right now has to be Open Water. Shadow Divers has a meanigful plot and interesting characters; Open Water's main goal seems to be to simply frighten people...not much character development, no plot, and lots of shark bashing.

Open Water was supposed to be a horror movie, a-la Witch Blair

sort of a haunted house in the open sea

it was planned strictly as a B-movie

What a great book. I read it this week - mostly, while I was being delayed at O'Hare. Never go to or from Chicago without a good book. There's plenty of time for reading while you wait and wait.

With the extensive research by the author, you really get the feel that you are getting the true and complete story. It will be a great movie if it's created true to the book.

Frank,
My wife bought the book for me last week. I finished it last night and can't remember when I have been more impressed by the heroics, determination and sheer will exhibited by not only John Chatterton, Richie Kohler and Bill Nagle but also the other divers who braved the deep ocean to help bring closure to the mystery of U-Who (869). The uplifiting successes, the out of this world diving and the heartbreaking losses of Feldman, the Rouses and Nagle really pulled me in to this story in a way that fiction novels never have. I also wish to thank your uncle for the commitment he had in bringing closure to some of the families of the brave young sailors who gave everything for duty.

For months now I have been trying to find a name for a boat I recently purchased. After reading of the incredible exploits of John and Richie, the sad losses of their dedicated diving buddies and of the demise of U869 that tragically took the lives of so many brave kids, it got me to thinking about possibly naming my boat the U-Who in honor of all of them.

As with many who have read this fascinating story, I am also looking forward to seeing the movie. I hope the screenwriters and directors get it right with this one......

just to add my praise for the book as well, finished it on one plane journey, than wanted to read it again..incredible story...my dive buddy is reading it right now..a great story, i just hope if there is a movie it will be done right..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom