Seven Mile Divers in Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicholas Harvey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any feedback on Seven Mile Divers from SMB Resort?
My wife and I are staying there in November and are looking for a non cattle truck group to dive with. Are considering Sunset but there bottom time is pretty restrictive.
Dived with Bob Sotos last time and won't use again. Read some positive feedback for Wall to Wall and Neptune as well on the forum. Open to suggestions!
Thanks.

alabaster:
Bob Sotos is not going to reopen ever. Seven Mile Divers is closed for a while too. I found all this out at http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums It's a good place to check before going to Cayman. Lots of very friendly people and recent reports and pictures.
Thanks alabaster, surprised about Soto's.

I've dove with em, liked them enough to go back and dive with them when we stayed at Sunset House. :wink:
They're a small shop located right next to the pool at SMBR. You meet there in the morning, then load your gear in the pickup and hop in the van for the ride to the boat.
The boat in your standard 35'-40' dive boat, pretty good sized "dry area" up front with a head down below.
We liked the fact that there wasn't more than 10 divers on the boat anytime we dove with them. Also they would let us kinda go off on our own if we wished, just please try not get lost.
Now, I do know that like all things on Cayman, the head honchos have changed.
When we dove with them, Charlie and Debra Roberts were in charge. I have no idea who's running the show now. It could be that everything has changed, I dunno.

Just my $.02

My family and I did our diving in Cayman (July 2004) and we used Ocean Frontiers (East End). I would certainly recommend them. We stayed on Seven Mile Beach and they picked us up each morning @ 7:00 AM for about a 40-45 min. drive to the East End. We did our morning two-tank dives @ some great locations. The cost was quite reasonable as well. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom