Seven days in Analao (with Blue Ribbon) after eight days in Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trip has been saved! My wife missed seeing a flamboyant cuttlefish in Sabang, as we skipped one dive. We managed to get one on the third dive yesterday. . We also saw the largest fish of the trip on the same dive: a grouper of about two and a half feet. We had plenty of turtles on the second dive and Frogfish on the first. (Not mentioning all the amazing that is "the usual" here.)

An honest side note here. At this time of the year, the afternoon waves can make boat logistics interesting / challenging. I am a grampa (literally) yet found what follows as fun, but your take may differ. Yesterday, we had to swim in from the boat and rather choppy water. Making sure to land between the ground of the various properties. The divers would just put on masks and fins and swim in through the waves. Water temperatures in the mid to upper '80s make hopping in in these conditions rather enjoyable. As most of our little group are experienced California shore divers doing these conditions without a steel tank 7 mm of wetsuit thick gloves and multiple pounds of weights was a piece of cake. Others though, may find this less than appealing. The dive center staff would take care of bringing everything else back to shore. Again today, to avoid the customers having to deal with this along with giving us another fun day, they are organizing a three tank trip. We will leave in the morning do our surface intervals and have a barbecue at the beach for lunch and then come back. We had a fantastic time when we did this earlier in the week. On the earlier trip, as a conditions were not great in front of the resort, we landed at a more secluded area and took a Jeepnee back to the resort. As I said earlier, I don't have an issue with this but your opinion may be different. My wife was less of a fan of the swimming back exit, but had no issues. I would suggest checking with your resort when you book to see what the conditions may be as nearby resorts that face different directions have sporty conditions at different times of the year. Another guest at the resort, who has been diving with our group all week, came in October and said that the water was like glass during the entire visit.

Back
Top Bottom