Setting up transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The benefits of the Halcyon are, LESS JUNK. It is streamlined on your body. No pads for the back or cumberbund. No d rings you don't need. I use a weight belt for both the trans pac and Halcyon. I have the weight pockets I just don't like them. For the Dive rite that is. I didn't want them on the Halcyon either.

If you're wearing a wetsuit that's your padding. When I'm in the pool in shorts the Transpac is a little more comfortable. But not by much. I still don't like all the extra junk.

I have a Fred T back plate also. Both Heavy Stainless and AL. I had them LINE X coated. It's a bed liner coating. It's nice on them. Keeps them on your back without slipping.

Blah Blah Blah... The TPII is the shiz... very modular and SUPER COMFORTABLE

Bungies are GREAT ... the Rec Wing is the best choice for wing.. It will grow with your diving... Works flawlessly for single tank diving in the most severe of conditions. No problems orally inflating with the bungies sinched as far as they can go.

The guru at my shop set mine up for me... he dives the exact same setup (even though the shop doesn't really sell them for whatever that is worth)

Go for it man... it's the greatest thing since sliced bread

There seems to be quite a lot of controversy over these bungies... I'm a brand new TPAC II owner, haven't dived the thing yet but have a trip planned next weekend.

I'll be diving a single and I have the REC wing. So - am I going to tighten these bungies or not?

YES... for sure... it helps keep the thing streamlined... helps squeeze air out and keeps the wing from wrapping around the tank... it also keeps the air more uniformly distributed.

Use the bungiee Luke... Use the bungiee

Now the million dollar question. I would guess you dive a Transpac 2 with the Rec wing.

Ever used the Trek wing?

Ever used the Halcyon with a 27lb wing?

And I mean for more than just 5 or less dives. And having a buddy that uses it doesn't count.

I use and have both. Even tried the rec wing for awhile. They are good systems.

BUT I prefer a Halcyon.

Your mileage might vary.

Try both if you can. And if you do get a Trans pac. I would suggest the Trek wing. It will work with anything from a AL 80 to a set of steel doubles.

I also prefer KTM's, Mastercrafts, and Porsche 911's. Others don't.........

Without a doubt both will work for you. I use both. Depending on what I'm doing. If in the pool with students I usually use the dive rite. But I just don't like the extra junk......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom