Setting up a regular dive group in Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leefmh

New
Reaction score
Hey!

I just finished my open water cert at UBC last month. Managed to get all my equipment (except tanks) and excited to try them out. I wanted to see if anyone out there is also beginner level and interested to form a regular dive group. I'm based out of UBC. PM me know if you are interested!

We formed a group here in Maine and it started off mostly by word of mouth. Then we organized it into an email chain for dive opportunities. Soon had a couple dozen on the list. At one point, someone took the reins and built a Facebook page. One of the things that helped add to our list of people was hooking up with some local dive instructors who passed on their students who were interested in joining our email chain.

There are several Facebook groups in Vancouver now. Check them out and if they are not a good fit for you then start another. If you start another group please let me know so I can join it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom