Setting up a magnehelic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rhwestfall

Thanks. I had downloaded it but didn't fully understand it.

So now I think I have it correct as shown in the attached pic.
20220128_112735.jpg

(this never sent)...

teflon tape...

now pot some tubing on it, and give it a very light suck....

success?

(this never sent)...

teflon tape...

now pot some tubing on it, and give it a very light suck....

success?
I have to pick up some tonight after the class at Home Depot. What I had I thought would fit. It wouldn't. So I'll make a run as I know we won't be using it today.

What would a typical cracking pressure in Inches of H20 be for a regulator ?

What would a typical cracking pressure in Inches of H20 be for a regulator ?
Inches of Hg (mercury).

But better still in millibars.

Inches of Hg (mercury).

But better still in millibars.
Typically measured in Inches of H20 round here. Can be tested by actually measuring the cracking depth when submerging it face down in water.

Very general for more common regulators: "Close" to 1" for a primary with the field adjustment knob (if there is one) set to easiest. Higher for primaries without cracking adjustments and octos/secondaries to reduce fre-flow.

Typically measured in Inches of H20 round here. Can be tested by actually measuring the cracking depth when submerging it face down in water.

Very general for more common regulators: "Close" to 1" for a primary with the field adjustment knob (if there is one) set to easiest. Higher for primaries without cracking adjustments and octos/secondaries to reduce fre-flow.
For Wibble: 1 inch of water is about 2.49 mb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom