Servicing your own Scubapro and Atomic regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as the regs go they weigh a ton compared to my ScubaPro. Traveling with them would be an issue when you are carrying 8 sets or so. .

How much do 8 sets of Hog regs weigh vis a vis 8 sets of your ScubaPro regs?

Last edited:
Paying $50 for service kits for a first and second stage is an insane markup considering what these kits include; a seat that costs very little to make and a few o-rings and maybe some plastic bushings.

This also is my approach, buy o-rings in bulk and source the seats for my S600 and MK25 stages. Seats can be had for a few dollars, but the 1st stage seats can be hard to find. The mushroom poppet is a standard trident part - Rivet Style A148.

I am also fortunate that a LDS will let me buy parts, not service kits.

Hi Captain Sinbad:

Yes, serving Atomic regulators is fairly straight forward. I usually have my LDS do a full service on all my regulators (usually interval of three years for me). In between the interval, I do sneak a peak inside the first stage, especially if I suspect contamination. The first stage is straight forward to disassemble and reassemble. You may purchase the tools from Scubatools.com. Dive Seekers, North East Scuba Supply or Dive Gear Express sell the service kits for the first and second stages.

I have taken my MK25/G250V apart as well. The design of the Atomic first stage is very similar, although the Scubapro has a few more internal parts. At the stage of the game, I can take them apart and reassemble them. That's a far cry from being able to analyze a malfunction, symptom and determining the proper course of action...

Welcome tp OZ where rape and pillage is the order of the day. And they wonder why divers buy from the internet on a regular basis, and complain like there is no tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom