Service tech position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtrotterjr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am in service of a service tech position. I am an automotive tech and looking for a career change. I have rebuilt more than a few regs, first and second stages. They are like rebuilding a transmission valve body and very precise. I would like to find a LDS to work for in the field. Chris.:D I do all my own once a month checks on my regs, bc, etc... And yes i have my own Magnehelic, IP, second stage adjustment tool, etc...
If anyone knows of a Dive shop that is close to my location looking for a service tech by all means please let me know.
Mitch

I am located in northern virginia.

Thanks for the help.

Congrads on the career change decision. Just wanted to drop you a note with a suggestion after viewing your profile. Continue your diving education. Most shops are only interested in DM and above for hire as they are most versital. As a service tech, I gained my DM to attend DEMA equipment seminars as a prereq. to any warrantied service requirements, after 20yrs as a high tech equipment mechanic. Than, expect low pay. Most shops pay 8-10 dollars an hour. You may get commission. Actually, I bought my raise by becoming an instructor. I make a heck of a lot more training and selling equipment than tinkering even though it is fun sometimes. That is until you start to repair older equipment...but that is another thread.
good luck!

Thank you for the info. I kind of figured that i would have a better chance once I get to DM. I would like to mainly concentrate on the repair aspect.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom