Service Centers in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Third vote for Mikey. Fast, knowledgeable as hell, and a nice guy.
Second vote for Mikey. As mentioned earlier you can take it directly to him and have it turned around in as little as a day if he doesn't have a back log of work and has the parts on hand. You can certainly learn a lot about regs by hanging out with him for a bit too....

G

Aloha To All:

In regard to servicing scuba equipment, I've been doing it full-time since 1983. I am authorized to perform service in most major brands including Aeris, Aqua-Lung, Atomic, Cressi-sub, Dacor, Genesis, Hollis, Mares, Oceanic, Sherwood, Seaquest, Scubapro, Poseidon, Tusa & Zeagle.

I have also taught the technical service education programs for various scuba manufacturer's, including Scubapro (as Tech Svc Manager for Scubapro Pacific '95-'96), Atomic, Mares & Zeagle (for Big Blue dist), and currently for Oceanic, Aeris & Hollis. I also teach the cylinder inspection, valve repair, eddy current technician & O2 cylinder cleaning programs for PSI/PCI. In addition to teaching, I have also written several service procedures and continue to provide consulting for the above manufacturer's

Yes, we are located out in Kapolei at 91-444 Komohana Street in Campbell Industrial park...682-7372, ed@dakinescuba.com,
As far as turnaround time, we are quite busy in the summer, with repairs completed between 2-3 weeks, in the off-season about 7-10 days; however, we have always offered 24 hour service upon request (additional labor surcharge).

As far as the comment "is not friendly..."; I'm not sure where that came from since I've never heard that description about me; but I do take issue with the comment from "diveanytime" in regard to "getting lazy and not replaceing parts when he should"...this is absolutely false and I am offended by it. Anyone who has ever been to my shop will immediately understand the investment & effort in our commitment to provide the utmost quality in life support service; I've just returned from my 22nd DEMA show in order to continue with tech education (as required by all scuba manufacturers); we have the most comprehensive testing equipment, parts inventory & specialty tools in the entire state (and one of the most capable facilities in the country).

Mahalo,
Ed Elms
Da Kine Scuba Repair

I just stopped in to checkout Big Island Scuba Repair in the Old Industrial Area of Kona (808.937.8199). I met Brad, he's a nice guy and knowledgeable, he fixes everything except Poseidon (needs to make contact with them for parts). He's got a web site: https://bigislandscubarepair.com/Page_3.html.

Back
Top Bottom