Serious question, Nitrox and extended erections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't posted in the tec section, so I'ma give you all a pass this time. However! Is no one going to even address the fact that in this instance the EAN is actually _increasing_ the Maximum Operating Depth????

A large stretch but there has been a article posted showing 100% O2 might be a treatment for ED, so at 66 feet the partial pressure of 32% is .96.

Multiple dives at the 70 foot range is the equivalent of multiple on surface breathing on 100 percent. So maybe something there.

A lot of assumptions though, and a lot mights.

Depends on the spool.

large-cable-spool-under-crane-high-power-construction-site-103737959.jpg

This thread is on par with "Close call in dressing room" thread.
That's up side.
Flop side is I'm in dog style house now, because I have foolishly made unfounded promises to SO and almost imploded my EAN50 stage. Not only it did nothing to rise me, I feel down after all that sucking.........ermmmm, that sounds just plain wrong.
I'm pulling out.

This thread is on par with "Close call in dressing room" thread.
That's up side.
Flop side is I'm in dog style house now, because I have foolishly made unfounded promises to SO and almost imploded my EAN50 stage. Not only it did nothing to rise me, I feel down after all that sucking.........ermmmm, that sounds just plain wrong.
I'm pulling out.
You need to have 100% oxy to have effect.

The Nature study showing hyperbaric oxygen having effect was 100% O2 at 2 ATM, or pO2 2.0. Maybe the threshold for effect is as low as pO2 1.0 for this person, who may have mild ED. This study was only to show proof of principle, not optimum or minimum pO2 for effect. From the study:

In addition, the improvement in penile perfusion was clearly noticeable in objective analysis of perfusion MRI. The correlation between the clinical and the objective penile perfusion MRI findings give further strength to study results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom